So you want to take engagement photos in Boston? Here are some of the best Boston locations for engagement photography that we would recommend.
1. Boston Public Garden/Boston Common – the number one spot year-round for photos. In the spring, tulips are in bloom and in the summer, the swan boats glide along the pond. In the winter, children ice skate around the frogs. From the right vantage point, you can spot the Boston skyline.
2. Esplanade – we come here to photograph the sunset over the Charles, facing Harvard/MIT.
One time we were photographing in the middle of winter with gloomy skies. Knowing the couple were huge Red Sox fans, we decided to have the Save the Date on a pitched baseball in the middle of the Esplanade!
3. Seaport District – another location for a sunset is the walkway from the Seaport Hotel to the ICA Museum. From here, you can see the entire Boston cityscape. The iconic dome of the Seaport Hotel, with the huge American flag draping from the center, is another great place to photograph.
3. North End – beautiful side streets; brick buildings; lots of charm. Who doesn’t want to be tempted by Mike’s Pastries or a bunch of pizzerias while strolling through this quintessential Boston district?
4. Harvard/MIT/Northeastern – Engagement sessions at iconic Boston universities are so much fun. In the middle of the bustling students, our couples sneak innocent kisses for the camera. As with one couple below who attended Northeastern and met there, we also got a bit of inside scoop and a private tour of the campus.
At one point, a group of students ran toward us and asked for help with directions to a Northeastern landmark for a scavenger hunt competition. Our knowledgeable couple directed them to it, and in return, we asked for a quick photo – below.